Wednesday, December 9, 2009

WoW Year Review Meme

Eviscerate over at Evisceratespam tagged me with this Meme, A year in review. Since it came with the recommendation that I "Go Go Go" on it I suppose I need to get moving!

The Instructions are as follows:

Please leave a link to your meme post in the comments here. Please tag 5 other folks to complete the meme and copy these instructions and the questions into your blog with your answers.

What did you do in the World of Warcraft in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I started collecting Mounts. Having the Time Lost Proto Drake dive bomb you is a GREAT motivator!

What was your favorite new place that you visited?
Ulduar. As much as that instance was difficult and yeah the trash could eat you alive it was BEAUTIFUL and full of lore...the scale of it even now takes my breath away every time I enter it.

What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
One of those keypads like my hubby has....by the time Christmas rolls around each year my fingerprints are literally embossed on my  keybindings and you can't even SEE what the letters were anymore so I end up replacing my keyboard instead.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The one that ment the MOST to me (and it isn't even strickly an ACHIEVEMENT) was reaching exalted with Ravenholdt Manor. Silly I know but something I had been working on for a while.Meant more to me personally than even getting my Loremaster Title.

What was your biggest failure?
Hitting Killing Spree on Thaddius and wiping half the raid...sigh...but eventually I re trained my fingers.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Hearing about the Cataclysm. I know it will be a while until it comes but to have the whole Old World revamped, Deathwing brought in as a final boss, something FINALLY done with Graymane Wall...it got me SO giddy and I STILL am about it.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Dailys....sigh....I do WAY to many Dailys....Yeah the cash is great but BOY does it get repetitive.

What was your favorite WoW blog or podcast?
Since I am fairly new to blogging (yes NOOB) I don't know if I would say this was my FAVORITE but certainly one of the most USEFUL blogs I read this past year. It was a guest post done by Matticus over on Zemalf's Blog. It was called "How to Build a Super Popular Warcraft Blog from Scratch". Now I certainly am not aiming to do that but the tips contained in it were REALLY helpful and it was nice to see what I was doing RIGHT and what I could improve as a blogger.

Tell us a valuable WoW lesson you learned in 2009.
To prioritize. This year more than in the past I have really been doing that. Rather than trying to force myself to do EVERYTHING and burn out I have just chosen to focus on a few things at a time. It has made the game over all more enjoyable. Any time I get bored with something I can just shift my focus to something else, there are SO MANY options. But it has given me the chance to really make sure that I keep the things that are TRULY important, my family, my REAL life at the forefront.

So Tag! Therigwin, Enok, Lunas, Noisy, and Ril!

3 comments:

  1. swiped! I know my "biggest fail" is the one noone will ever let me live down for as long as I play WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's mine. Hope you don't mind my using rogue talents to swipe it, since I wasn't tagged. my Wow YIR Meme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, here is my Year In Review Meme.

    Thank you again for the tag!

    [url=http://rilandune.blogspot.com/2009/12/wow-year-in-review-meme.html]A Rogue's Tale[/url]

    ReplyDelete