- Filthy Tricks: Now Reduces the cooldown by 5/10 seconds and energy cost by 5/10 of Tricks of the Trade, Distract and Shadowstep abilities, and reduces the cooldown of Preparation by 1.5/3 minutes.
- Ghostly Strike: If the rogue has a dagger equipped, this ability now deals 180% weapon damage instead of 125%.
- Hemorrhage: If the rogue has a dagger equipped, this ability now deals 160% weapon damage instead of 110%.
- Serrated Blades: This talent now allows the rogue to ignore up to 3/6/9% of the target's armor, rather than a fixed amount of armor ignored per level of the rogue.
- Slaughter from the Shadows: Now adds 1/2/3/4/5% damage to all attacks and reduces the energy cost of Backstab and Ambush by 4/8/12/16/20, up from 3/6/9/12/15.
- Waylay: The debuff from this talent can now be caused by Backstab in addition to Ambush and can be triggered by all hits from these abilities rather than just critical strikes, but the snare component is now 50%, down from 70%.
- Glyph of Deadly Throw: Now increases the slowing effect on Deadly Throw by 20%, up from 10%.
- Glyph of Expose Armor: Now increases the duration of Expose Armor by 12 seconds, up from 10 seconds.
- Glyph of Feint: Now reduces the energy cost of Feint by 20, up from 10.
The change to Rupture is what has gained the most attention. Does this "buff" mean that we should all be pulling out the Rupture glyph again? The answer seems to be a resounding "maybe". For Assassination Rogues it really isn't going to affect us as all, Combat on the other hand is really going to have to look at their spec and gear to make that determination. What has been seen is that if you GLYPH for rupture as a 20/51/0 combat rogue you WILL see a SLIGHT increase in your over all dps, HOWEVER you may be further ahead as a RAIDING rogue to stick with the Tricks of the Trade Glyph. Really your going to have to look at your group make up and run it through the spreadsheets to determine what will work best for YOU personally.
Now I haven't played Subtlety in quite a while but I love to see all the buffs going its way. It is a FUN spec to play and while the recent changes are not going to have it pulling ahead of Assassination and Combat any time soon there is enough there to make me think we may actually see some more people playing around with it again, especially in pvp.
The changes in our Glyphs are also intriguing, though none of those are glyphs I presently use since. It will be interesting to see what all the theory crafters do with them.
One of the things I am most excited about with this patch is not something specific to Rogues at all but will effect us greatly. The introduction of Frozo the Renowned and the ability to trade Frozen Orbs in for things we can actually USE (like Frost Lotuses for Flasks). *Happy Dance* In addition this patch will change it so you can only GREED on Frozen Orbs so no more last minute ninja Needers to deal with. HUZZAH!!
There is also a change to inscription which has me excited, the lowering of materials needed to create some items. One can only hope this will effect the creating of Darkmoon Faire Cards since I still have a ways to go on that reputation. (Silly reason I know.)
It will be interesting to see the change to the Monster Belly quest, as it sounds like it will now be another one we can do INSIDE Dalaran. I haven't really bothered to do the daily fishing quests for quite a while save the Sewer one in a VAIN attempt to get the Giant Sewer Rat for Daraia. (Of course BOTH of my other level 80's have it.)
FINALLY we can skip Arthas and all his long winded speeches in Culling of Stratholme. (Can I get another HUZZAH!!?) I have no idea how many times I have run that instance but it is enough that I have his whole spiel memorized. His constant yabbering is about as bad as his old girl friend's insensible weeping.
I am also looking forward to getting rid of all those stacks of Marks of Honor I have as well. One of the big reasons I stopped doing Pvp was because of how ANNOYING it was to have to go and empty out my mail box of all the extra marks since I had no way of using them.
Lots of interesting stuff due this patch, hope it doesn't take us TO long before we get to actually ENJOY it.