Saturday, February 28, 2009

The planning has begun

I am a planner, a list maker. Alright, I am obsessive, I admit it.

When I was on Beta for Lich King I was already working out my strategy for Rep grinding. I had my gear list and I was ready to go once that down load was completed. But the thing is; IT WORKS. In the end it saves me a lot of time and frustration.

Now the PTR is out I am on it a little to do my scouting...Oh I don't want to spoil all the fun. As one of my hard core raiding friends was sharing. "We get on we learn the fights so we can do it and get it down and be bored that much faster."

I plan to enjoy each step of my journey. But I AM going to have a map of the road I am going to take and all the stops I want to make along the way. There are certain pieces I have seen that I know I am going to want to pick up that will make the rest of the trip more comfortable.

Blizz is still tweaking but there are nice looking crafted pieces I have seen that I know will have to be added to my gear bags. I have also seen links to some other items.

I wish I had the knowledge to link them for you all. Boots and rings, all sorts of things. It is looking like come fraction type items or maybe crafted gear along the lines of what was done in BC but we don't quite know what the missing mats are yet.

For now I am just working on getting those last few pieces of gear I want in preparation. Knowing that they will once again all be traded out for NEW pieces in a few weeks. It is the nature of the game. This is why I encourage people to have a plan. The more of your friends you can have along with you the further you can go, BUT take the time to enjoy the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Great advice - plan, work hard and enjoy the journey. I know I plan on listening to the video here along the way.

    http://tank4thelight.blogspot.com/2009/02/fun-videos.html

    ReplyDelete