Thursday, July 15, 2010

Know Your Rogue Lore: Quandary

I am faced with a quandary at the moment. For those NOT in the beta it can be VERY difficult cover your eyes and ears to all the information pouring out. I personally am struggling with do I share what I know or keep a cork in it? That is what is so difficult about Beta testing. You get so excited about what you see and learn you just can't wait to share it with others. Even if you aren't a tester it isn't hard to find information. Blizzard has learned so much about questing in the last 5 years that people are going to WANT to level just to experience the old world all over again. Old friends are being completely reborn and re worked in such exciting ways. The one problem is that the Old world is now POST wrath so when you hit Out Land you step BACK in time, for those JUST starting the game it will be a little disorientating.

So I will pose the question you all. Do you want the spoilers or would you rather I hold off? (I know a good portion of you will never respond in the comment section rather you will just send me e-mails or tell me on line but the Comment section IS available too!) Let me know and I will proceed accordingly.

4 comments:

  1. I'm personally lapping up any bit of beta information I can find on elemental shamans (my main).

    Spill the beans and just throw a *spoiler* tag above it. Of course that will just tempt people to read it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I mean I even have had access to alpha/beta and I use it sparingly (lots of people would kill me, I know, lol). I only really like to share the most sought-after information myself. There's always that special exciting feeling when you discover and experience something for the first time. After having been in WoW betas before, I can definitely tell you that leaving some things for you to discover yourself prevents you from coming across something cool and taking it for granted ("oh. That. I heard about that. Well there it is I guess. Onto the next thing"). I have a lot of alts so I know I am going to experience a lot of the content over and over again, so I try not to make it stale before it's even installed on my computer XD

    On the other hand a lot of people don't have the same opportunity and really want to know what to look forward to. I think it's a good idea to put "spoiler" or "beta info" or something of the like in the title so people know if they'd like to read it or not :)

    -Poptart
    http://www.poptartica.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments Ladies!

    It sounds like people want me to "spill the beans" as Anaia put it. Yet at the same time mix it up so it isn't ALL Cata info.

    Appreciate the input!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spoilers!
    Not that I dishonor the secracy, but still...It'd be nice to know what we're getting into, making a character after THE CATACLYSM >:)

    ReplyDelete